About Library

The library was established in a small room in the year 1991 with 1150 books for the benefit of staff and students.   Every year some additions were made on the basis of the requirement of various departments.  By the year 1995-1996 the library reached optimum level of more than 9000 books with limited number of journals, magazines and periodicals to encourage research activities.

Year by year the library was expanded with standard books, journals and magazines including floor area of the library like Reading room, Book stack room, Reference section, etc.,

The growing importance of library made a land mark of need to construct a separate building and foundation for the same was made in 2006.  The separate building was offered to the beneficiaries of St. Joseph’s with the blessing of His grace Antony Anandarayar, the Archbishop of Pondicherry and Cuddalore on 19-03-2007.

At present our college is having well equipped library facility with around 28000 books, 185 Journals and 25 Magazines (6 Weeklies and 8 dailies) for the benefit of student community and for the welfare of staff members including of research scholars.

Our College Library is also member of DELNET.

The another land mark of Library is sanction of Rs.50000/- by the management as a subscription for  e-books, and e-journals for the benefit of researches to the Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE) Hyderabad.